logins and passwords are gone

Options

Hello dear friends!

I've a some issue. All my logins and passwords are gone :(.

I use dropbox sync between few computers, and all of them lost fields content with logins and passwords. But fields with name of service and links are still there.

Did anyone have some troubles like this? What can it be?

Sincerely yours, nenene.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nenene: Hmm. If I'm understanding correctly, it sounds like your logins are still there, but some information is missing from them. Is that correct? Besides a damaged vault or different format, this could also be caused by some localization settings or syncing with an old version which doesn't know how to read the new data.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say for certain. Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you editing items in an old version of 1Password on one of your PCs (or Macs)? Thanks in advance! :)

• nenene
    nenene
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty
    Hello Brenty!

Sorry for my stupid first post. I had to write more info about my problem.

I use 1password with dropbox sync. It uses, installed and synced between mac, pc (windows), and two iOS devices.
    At iOS devices and OS X version i can use all of my 1Password data correctly. All 1Password applications is up to date, just checked right now. But windows version has issue: content of fields login and password are empty. I can see content of any other field like description or smth like that.

Now, i just restored backup of my vault, and it works fine. But i'm afraid that this will be repeated again.

Sincerely yours, nenene.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nenene: Hey, not stupid at all! You've got to start somewhere, after all, and sometimes that's the hardest part. ;)

But windows version has issue: content of fields login and password are empty. I can see content of any other field like description or smth like that.
    Now, i just restored backup of my vault, and it works fine. But i'm afraid that this will be repeated again.

That to me really sounds like it's an issue with one version of the app on one device writing data that the other can't read. Definitely break it down for me and let me know the exact versions you're using everywhere, as that should help narrow it down quickly. Then I'll be able to recommend how to avoid getting into trouble again. :)

This discussion has been closed.