How do I update my 1 password 5 on my android after I have purchased it on my mac?

Options
ma333
ma333
Community Member

I purchased 1 password 5 on my mac. I wish to have access to it on my amazon fire phone, which is my android. On my fire phone, I had installed a free trial app, which is now expired, so I am not able to synch my android 1password files with my updated mac 1password files. On my phone, it doesn't give me the option to enter my 1password license, it only gives me the option to purchase the app for 1 password 4, for $9.99. From what I understand, I don't have to purchase 1password on each one of my devices. I should be able to access my 1password on my mac and on my android, right? So how do I install 1password 5 on my android without having to re-purchase it again? Thank you!

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I update my 1 password 5 on my android after I have purchased it on my mac?

Comments

• GRoot
    GRoot
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Ma333,

you have to buy your premium license for android at the android app. This will costs extra. You have only the license for mac.

• Hello @ma333! :) Thank you for your support of 1Password!

1Password 4 for Android is designed and tested on devices that support Google Play services. The Amazon Fire Phone runs Fire OS, which has its differences from Android OS. It is not a perfectly accurate environment, and 1Password may not work as intended. We will do what we can to improve usability in future updates, but there are certain things we can't control at the moment: for example, the implementation of the in-app purchase will not allow customers to unlock the premium features on Fire OS.

If you would still like to continue with 1Password on your Fire Phone, you may look into sideloading the beta version of 1Password. To download the beta, please sign up here:

https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/androidnewsletter.html

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.