Am I going to get charged for 1Password on Windows? Isn't it free for Windows?

Options

I downloaded the Windows version for 1Password and I thought it was free. I want to be sure if it is free or do I have to pay after a certain amount of time?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Am I going to get charged for 1Password on Windows?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brandomettout: 1Password for Windows is not free. Like 1Password for Mac, there's a 30 day free trial though. And we won't charge you unless you choose to purchase a license. After the trial, you can either buy it to unlock it permanently, or you can use the data you already have stored in your vault. We don't lock you out of that; you just won't be able to make any further changes. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Hi @brandomettout,

To expand on this, if you have less than 20 items, 1Password is free to use forever. If you have more than 20 items, it is free for the first 30 days and then you're locked out of creating new items with the trial expiration.

There is no free full version of 1Password. On iOS, we do offer a free app but you have to pay via in-app purchase to unlock all of the features. For a lot of folks, the free iOS version is enough for their needs.

This discussion has been closed.