Restoring Pro features doesn't work for new iPhone

laninuna
laninuna
Community Member

Hi,

I changed the phone and now I cannot restore the Pro features on the new iPhone. On the old iPhone they were ok. I am using the same iCloud account.

Cheers

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

This most likely means that you are using a different Apple ID on your new phone than the one you used when you purchased the Pro features on the old one. If you log in to iCloud with the previous Apple ID, you should be able to restore your Pro features.

• @laninuna,

In addition to what hawkmoth mentioned it is possible that you had previously purchased 1Password 3 for iOS (you didn't mention which version you had before). If that is the case, the Pro features for 1Password 6 for iOS are a separate purchase:

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• laninuna
    laninuna
    Community Member

Thanks for your replies.

@hawkmoth I am using the same Apple ID

@bwoodruff I don't remember which version I purchased. The thing is that on the old iPhone I was using same version of 1Password, 6.0.2, which had the Pro features. When I installed 1Password on the new iPhone and tried to restore Pro features, it didn't work anymore. If I would not have the Pro features from the beginning then it should not work on the old iPhone, but this wasn't the case.

Best regards,
    Alin

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

If you're sure you are using the same Apple ID, you're going to need to take this up with Apple. Only they control the iTunes App Store.

• Hi @laninuna,

As hawkmoth mentioned we really don't have much (any) control over the App Store, but there is one other thing I'd like to look at before referring you to Apple.

First please enable Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings > In-App Purchase and UI General.

Then I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device, along with your receipt for your purchase of 1Password:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report and receipt to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Thanks very much!

Ben

• laninuna
    laninuna
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

Hi,

Sent the detailed diagnosis.

From the automated reply

For your reference, your support ID is [#XPP-63877-255]. Please include this ID in the subject of any followup emails so we'll know they're from you.

Thank you,
    Alin

• Thanks, Alin ( @laninuna ). We received your diagnostics report but not your receipt. The report does show that 1Password cannot find a Pro features purchase associated with the Apple ID used to install 1Password.

The only other thing I can think of at this point is if when you installed 1Password on the new phone you were logged into an Apple ID that did not have the purchase, and have now logged into one that does. Unfortunately that doesn't do the trick. The app must be installed using the Apple ID that has the purchase on it.

As such the only other troubleshooting step I'd be able to recommend from this end would be to backup your 1Password data, remove 1Password for iOS from your device, make sure you are logged into the correct Apple ID for purchases, and then reinstall 1Password for iOS. If necessary, restore the backup you created above.

I hope that helps. If not, as hawkmoth mentioned, only Apple will be able to look at actual purchase details etc.

Ben

• Andregotz
    Andregotz
    Community Member

hi @brenty I have spoken to the Apple about the app, and I do have my receipt on my iTunes telling me that app was purchased on Oct 3, 2013. for $45.19. They told me that I can't get my money back from them because the app have been purchased over 90 days ago, so I have to call my bank and Dispute to get my money back. Which I will have to do it, since I paid 45 dollars for this app and I can't use the function I payed for. Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Andregotz,

We'll keep the conversation going in the other thread where I've done my best to respond :smile:

This discussion has been closed.