Android Search

Options
kyoji1
kyoji1
Community Member

Hey all!

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but the android search feature seems extremely limited.
Can I really only search by login name? For example, if I choose all items and enter 'groupon' in search nothing pops up. On the desktop client it shows me all my logins containing that string in the login/domain, such as for groupon.com

I've seen some posts requesting faster access to search etc, but I couldn't find any discussing this aspect. I'd love to hear that I'm just missing something!

1Password Version: 4.5.3b1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @kyoji1! You’re not doing anything wrong, this is how the search feature is currently implemented. We only allow searching based on the title of the items. We plan to revisit search again as modern devices and newer Android OS improves in performance significantly, and I will be sure to add your voice to the request! Thanks. :)

• kyoji1
    kyoji1
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hey @saad! Thank you, for the quick reply; at least I know I'm not doing something wrong :) I agree with @sameerchavan that the search is a little dated compared to the competition, but that doesn't help me solve the problem now. I imported all of my logins from another password manager and named them according to the login name, such as 'test@example.com' versus the domain such as 'Groupon.com' since I have multiple logins saved for many websites. Is there a way I can quickly edit all of the names of my login records in this format: 'login@email.com - domain.com'? In this manner I can utilize the search the way I need to on all platforms.

• There are definitely improvements we want to do with search and we are working on a few ideas with the Material Design changes. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to change the item titles. The only approach is to do it manually. :(

This discussion has been closed.