I payed 49.99. I have imac, macbookpro, ipad and iphone6 . Can i install it on all the devices

Options
HaHo
HaHo
Community Member

I downloaded it on my phone and ipad. Now i want to download it on my mac, but i have to pay again??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 5
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/new-computer, ug:mac/installing-from-the-mac-app-store-mas, kb:license-requirements

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

If you paid, $49.99 you definitely don't have to pay again. Do you have it one Mac and need it on the other?

There are two ways of getting 1PW for Mac, either direct from AgileBits or from the Mac App Store. Is it possible that you paid at one of these two and are now trying to get it from the other?

The difference is that Apple's restrictions mean that iCloud sync is only available in the App Store version. We can say more on this if you need to know. Dropbox sync is possible with the version from AgileBits (and all versions). Many of us, including many AgileBits staff, are happy with Dropbox sync.

The version for iOS is free in its basic form, with an in-app purchase for extra features.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @HaHo,

Just to expand a little on what danco has said. If you've paid $49.99 then you've purchased 1Password for Mac. 1Password for iOS uses the freemium model where the basic features are free and some other features are behind a one-off in-app purchase, a purchase that is nowhere near $49.99.

I would recommend checking in the Purchased tab of the App Store application on your Mac. I believe you will find an entry for 1Password there and all you need to do is click the download button to download/install it from Apple's Mac App Store. Should you have any queries about anything I've written please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.