I have many logins for email-adresses in "logins" and would like to move them to "email-logins" How?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Mac

I have many logins for email-adresses in "logins" and would like to move them to the category "email account" - how can I do that?

1Password Version: 5.4.1.
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have many logins for email-addresses in "logins" and would like to move them to the category "email account" - how can I do that?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @salize,

There isn't an automated or semi-automated way I'm afraid, the only option is to create an Email Account item and copy the details across.

One way you can make this a little easier is to create the Email Account item and then open 1Password mini using the keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘\. Bring up the item details for the corresponding Login item and then use the keyboard shortcut ⌘O (that's the letter o just in case it isn't obvious). This will anchor the item details window to the screen allowing you to click on the different fields to copy the value to the clipboard and then paste into the item that you're creating.

Just before you start though make sure this is definitely what you want to do. Here is my approach right now.

For any email account that has a web interface that I routinely use I store a Login item so that 1Password can fill the page. Only Login items work here so an Email Account item would mean a lot of copy and pasting. For those items I will create a corresponding Email Account item but it won't store either the email address or password, only the other details I need to create an email account in whatever standalone email client I'm using. The advantage is I have a single Email Account item that describes Gmail IMAP settings while I have 2/3 Login items for the different accounts. If an email account is only accessed via IMAP then I only have an Email Account item that stores everything. This might not suit your style, this is just how I like to use these two categories.

Hopefully something here helps :smile:

This discussion has been closed.