How to share my vault with someone

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: How can I add an additional license to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Comments

• kblinhou
    kblinhou
    Community Member
    Options

I think I have a related issue. My partner has his own Apple ID and has never used 1Password, but I've created a vault for his passwords under my account for mac which I purchased in the App Store. I always stay updated to the latest version of OS X and 1Password. I've read a lot but I'm lost as to how I go about getting the right license to activate 1Password for him and grant him access to just that vault. Can you help?

• MikeT
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @kblinhou,

I've split your comment from the Windows thread as that is not related.

If you guys live together in the same household, then you could use Apple's family sharing model if you want to share the app purchases at the Mac App Store.

If not, then he would need to buy 1Password separately with his AppleID at the Mac App Store, you can email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com with your proof of purchase and we can try something else.

To share the vault, you would need to use Dropbox or if you guys have your own way of sharing files, you can use Folder Sync. Here's how this works: https://support.1password.com/dropbox-share-vault/?mac

This discussion has been closed.