1Password on Mac and iPhone - sync by DropBox seems broken

Options
rosner
rosner
Community Member

Hi,

I have following issue: I use 1Password on my Mac, syncing to my iPhone and iPad through DropBox. Everything worked fine until a couple of days ago. Now, when I update or enter a new item on my Mac, it doesn't sync to my iPhone or iPad anymore and other way around.

I checked settings on my Mac and there I can see that it was synced to DropBox, so it seems to work that far. I also uninstalled the 1Password app from my iPhone and re-installed and it synced up loading all new data from DropBox. But that's it. No refresh after the first successful sync.

I really need to solve this issue real fast. I am under OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan & iOS 9.1 on iOS devices. Thanks for any precious feedback!!

1Password Version: 1Password Version 5.4
Extension Version: (540046) Mac App Store
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: kb-search:1password doesn't sync to dropbox anymore

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rosner,

There is one possibility that springs to mind and there should be a reasonable way to test.

1. Log into Dropbox in your preferred browser.
    2. Select the Events page from the list on the left hand side.
    3. Note the last entry.
    4. Launch 1Password for Mac and create a new test item, letting Dropbox sync.
    5. Reload the Events page and confirm that the Dropbox server has received this new file.
    6. Turn your attention to 1Password for iOS by launching the app, selecting the Categories screen if it isn't already selected.

In this screen, does the top look like this by any chance, in particular the icon I've highlighted in red.

If it does and if you tap on that icon it should now look a little like this

but with at least one more entry below the Primary one. If this is the case then I know what the issue is and it's a bug we didn't pick up on when testing the new All Vaults view. Selecting the particular vault will force an update to occur and a future version of 1Password for iOS will resolve this bug. Of course if you don't see that icon then we're looking at a different issue but we'll know better when you reply.

ref: OPI-3216

• rosner
    rosner
    Community Member
    Options

Spot on! It doesn't refresh under the "All Vaults" view. Great! Now I at least know what is wrong. Looking forward to an update as I love the new "All Vaults" view! Keep on rocking!!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @rosner,

Glad we managed to identify the cause. Switching to the other vaults will cause them to sync and yes, we all hope to see this fixed soon as All Vaults is a great improvement but only if we get to view our up-to-date vaults :wink:

This discussion has been closed.