there is no option to sync on iCloud in 1Ppassword v.5.4.1(541003) for Mac

Options
dimgeo
dimgeo
Community Member

there is no option to sync on iCloud in 1Password v.5.4.1 (541003) "sync" preferences for Mac (OS X El Capitan 10.11.1)

1Password Version: 1Password 5
Extension Version: 5.4.1
OS Version: OS X El Capitan 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: ug:mac/new-computer-icloud, ug:mac/sync-icloud, ug:mac/sync, ug:mac/sync-icloud, kb:icloud-faq

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@dimgeo I have deleted your identical posts to keep the thread tidy.

I suspect you are using the the AgileBits store version of 1P (which since Apple restrictions imposed on the launch of OS X Yosemite has been unable to support iCloud sync) as opposed to the Mac App Store version (which is permitted by Apple to use iCloud to sync data). For further information please see this knowledge base article (and I've linked to the key part of the article):

iCloud FAQs (starting with iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite)

If you bought 1Password from the AgileBits store within the past 30 days AgileBits will refund you to allow you to buy the Mac App Store version but you may in any event prefer to use Dropbox to sync for two key reasons:

1. It works cross-platform.
    2. It supports the sync of individual 1Password secondary vaults, which iCloud does not.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dimgeo,

Please let me know if you have any questions after reading Stephen's post, and the article that he linked to. It should answer most of your questions, but we're happy to help if you need any further clarification. :)

This discussion has been closed.