Local Folder Sync Error

BenVB
BenVB
Community Member

I've had Bittorrent Sync syncing various files between my PC, Server, and Android mobile for some time now without any problems.
I had 1Password set to sync as local folder to a Bittorrent synced folder on the Android mobile.

This was perfect until a short while ago, when 1Password decided to start deleting the Bittorrent sync folder. It seems to happen around 5-7 days after being set up. I've done some tests, and it's definitely 1Password making the deletion.
I've set it to sync with Dropbox for now, which is working fine.

I would prefer to keep everything on my own server though, any ideas what might be causing this now?

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1.1
Sync Type: Local Folder

Comments

• Hi @BenVB. 1Password shouldn't be deleting anything from your system. Can you confirm that Selective Sync is turned off in your BT Sync options? Also,. could you verify if you have ”Auto-Sync” enabled in the preferences for BitTorrent Sync? If possible, I would also like you to verify that all of the files in your 1Password data folder have been downloaded completely. In certain cases, the sync hasn’t completely finished and therefore 1Password is not able to access some of the required files.

If you’re still experiencing this error after making sure sync has completed, could you copy the 1Password data folder (.agilekeychain) onto your device via USB? Please let me know if you're able to sync locally to that folder. This will help us understand if the problem is with the data file itself or with the sync solution.

Thanks!

• BenVB
    BenVB
    Community Member

Can confirm Selective sync is off, and Auto-Sync is on. Also, all files are definitely downloaded.
    Other folders such as photos, music, videos, documents, which are also continuously synced, show no problems at all.
    As I mentioned, 1Password was also working perfectly, until around a couple of months ago.

However, I have now copied the 1Password data folder directly onto the device from the PC.
    I will monitor that over the next week to see what happens and let you know the result.

• Thanks for the update! Please do let me know if the manually copied folder syncs. :)

• BenVB
    BenVB
    Community Member

Ok, can now confirm it is not 1Password causing the deletions.
    After leaving the original BTsync folder to carry on, it did in fact delete itself after a week.

After copying the data folder directly onto the device, I changed my mind and did the following instead:

Exported the data file to a PIF.
    Deleted the files on the PC, server, and device.
    Created a new password file with different folder name.
    Imported the PIF.
    Replicated to server and device.

It has been syncing over a week now with no problems.
    I can only guess that some corruption in the original folder, either on the server or PC caused the deletions somehow on the device, and setting up a completely new folder on each removed the problem?

Anyway, happy that it's all working fine now. :)

• Great to hear that @BenVP. We are very happy to hear sync is working properly now. Thanks for the update! :)

This discussion has been closed.