Just bought agile bits version. How do I get the cloud kit version for free?

Options
ankienticeman
ankienticeman
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Mac

Already running iOS version with iCloud sync on several iOS devices.
I just paid for this what gives. Version I bought is 5 same as version on app store.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ankienticeman,

Sorry for the confusion here! iCloud sync is only available in the Mac App Store version of 1Password 5 for Mac because it uses Apple's CloudKit technology, which can currently only be used by apps sold through Apple's App Store. We'd absolutely love to be able to include that in the AgileBits Store version of 1Password as well, but unfortunately that's not currently possible. We have more information in these knowledgebase articles:

Unfortunately Apple doesn't currently provide a way to convert a license for the AgileBits Store version of 1Password to the Mac App Store version. So if you wanted the Mac App Store version of 1Password, you would need to purchase that separately. However, if you purchased a license from our AgileBits Store within the last 30 days, we can refund that - just email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com to request the refund, and make sure to include the email address you used when making the purchase so we can find it in our system.

I wanted to mention that Dropbox sync is also a great sync option. It's how many of us here have always synced our 1Password data. 1Password is secure by design and your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, so with regard to security there's no difference between syncing 1Password data with Dropbox or iCloud. 1Password simply doesn't depend on the security of either to protect your data.

Dropbox also has the advantage that it can be used to sync secondary vaults, and also share vaults with friends, family, and co-workers (it's not currently possible to share anything between iCloud accounts). And it's the only sync solution that works across all platforms supported by 1Password: Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android.

I hope that helps, but if you need anything else, please let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.