I have a macbook and I can't sync it to another vault I have on all my other IOS devices!! HELP!

Options
gtodd1977
gtodd1977
Community Member

I have a iMAC, ipad and iphone. They are all synced properly with 1 password. I also have a macbook that I apparently downloaded 1 password (previously), and I can't remember the password for it. It's not synced with the other devices...and even though I have followed the directions to uninstall it, whenever I re-install it from the apple app store, it pulls up the original vault and says my password is incorrect. I have no idea what to do. I just want to start over on the macbook and sync it with my other devices.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't figure out how to delete my vault and use another one on MAC?

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gtodd1977,

Sorry for the trouble you're having with 1Password on your MacBook. This guide should help you accomplish what you're after:

How do I start over with an empty vault?

You said you've already tried following the directions with no luck. I'm not sure whether these are the same directions you're referring to, but you may want to try following both sets of directions outlined there (for the AgileBits Store version as well as the Mac App Store version) just in case you may've used both versions on that machine at one point or another.

I hope this helps! Let us know how it goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.