Change of vault location between two dropbox accounts

jcj
jcj
Community Member

Hello —

I'm using 1password version 5.4.1 (541003) Agile Web Store and need to change the primary vault sync location. Right now I have two dropbox accounts that are linked, one for my company and one for my personal use. Right now the vault is stored in my company dropbox location, I need to change it to my personal dropbox location. Can you walk me through how to do this?

1Password Version: 5.4.1 (541003)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:change vault location on dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jcj,

As you're running 1Password 5 for Mac we can take advantage of the fact that the Agile Keychain is merely a sync container and 1Password 5 doesn't rely on its existence as the storage of the vault locally. The following will work.

1. Launch 1Password for Mac and enter 1Password's preferences.
    2. Switch to the Sync tab.
    3. Change the sync menu option from Dropbox to None.
    4. In the confirmation window that pops up tick the checkbox titled Delete data from Dropbox and click the Disable Sync button. Don't worry, this will only delete the specific Agile Keychain that sync is connected to.
    5. Pause for a moment to let these changes synchronise back to Dropbox's servers.
    6. Set the menu option back to Dropbox and point 1Password to the new location that you want 1Password to use.

Now any other copy of 1Password that was connected to this Agile Keychain will now report that it is missing and disable Dropbox sync. All you need to do is point 1Password to the new Agile Keychain and syncing will resume :smile:

Hopefully you will find it pretty easy but if you have any questions or issues at all please do let us know. Otherwise we'll wait to hear back that everything is running smoothly :smile:

This discussion has been closed.