Is there a posibility to capture automaticaly the wifi network data?

jlurbieta
jlurbieta
Community Member

Some programs have access to the MacOS Network information under the System Preferences and pre-fill the data for storage in a secure place.
Can 1Password Access to the network data under System Preferences (or keychain) to storage information like network name (SSID), security type (Open/WEP/WPA), password, automatically?
The information is there in the OS, and it would be helpful to have 1Password Access to it.
It would be great that when you sing in in a new Wi-Fi, 1Password would storage the key network data in a new register, automatically.
I do not know if this option is already available at 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jlurbieta,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us with your suggestion! That's not currently possible in 1Password, but I can forward your suggestion to our developers to let them know you'd be interested. I can't say for sure if (or when) we would add a feature like that, but if it's possible, it sounds like a good idea to me. :)

If you need anything else, please let us know. Thanks! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

My 2 cents, this should be optional only. Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your feedback, @Steve_H! If we ever add a feature like that, I'm sure it would be optional, just as it is for saving Login items for websites. :)

• jlurbieta
    jlurbieta
    Community Member

Thank you Drew_AG for your answer. Please keep us posted!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, @jlurbieta! :)

This discussion has been closed.