Is 40 second delay for sync on startup normal for Windows 10 app?

pbryanw
pbryanw
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

I'm getting the same delay for sync every time I start the Windows 10 Alpha app. I'm using version 1.1511.190 of the App.

During this 40 second period, all the icons for my items are not shown, and if I click on an item then no information is shown. After around 40 seconds, icons re-appear and I can click on items to show information.

I have 459 items in my vault. Is this delay normal, or is there something else wrong somewhere? I'm also using an .agilekeychain vault.

Any help appreciated.

1Password Version: 1.1511.190
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @pbryanw nope, this is not normal, but it's evil that exists at the moment. We don't like it so much that we have created 15 000 items .agilekeychain, .opvault and Team's vaults in order to set performance bar. From what I can tell, next release should be much better in terms of performance.

P.S. it's good to move away from .agilekeychain toward .opvault format for ++security and ++speed.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile - Hi, many thanks your reply. I will take a look at moving to the .opvault format. I will also look forward to speed increases in future versions. Thanks for your explanation of the problem :+1:

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

Hi, have just converted my .agilekeychain vault to .opvault format. Now sync on startup takes a few seconds so that's a great improvement :+1: However, none of my rich icons are showing for some reason (icons are shown in 1Password for Windows).

Also, as there are limitations on .opvault's use in 1Password for iOS and Android, I think I will just have to use it to test the Windows Modern Alpha on Windows 10 for now, and wait for greater support in the mobile apps, before doing a full transition.

• Fix for rich icons in .opvault is coming, hopefully with next release. Thanks for reminding of this issue!

As far as I know 1Password for iOS supports .opvault, but 1Password for Android needs some time to get it done.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

@SergeyTheAgile - Hi, Thanks for the rich icons fix in the new beta - much appreciated!

EDIT: Have just tried to use my .agilekeychain with the new beta, and the app crashes half-way through loading it. Can I send you my logs?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015

Yes, please!

Settings > Help > Support

This discussion has been closed.