iPad - Paste Option

hershey
hershey
Community Member
Paste option is not available in New Note on iPad
When I create a new note on the iPad, the paste option is not available in the text area even though I have clipboard content to paste. The only option when I tap the text is "Copy".

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hey Hershey,

I'm sorry that you are having this problem. I am not able to reproduce this myself.

20110426-jygh87u29d7nrttr8eithgceuf.jpg

Could you please post a screen shot of what you are seeing? I would love to resolve this if there is a problem in 1Password!

Thanks,
  • hershey
    hershey
    Community Member
    edited April 2011
    Process:
    I select some text from a current note and press "Copy". Then, I create a new note, select the text area and this is what I see. Perhaps the copy is not actually taking place or the clipboard gets cleared when I click the "+" button to create a new note but I can duplicate this behavior every time. See attachment.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Ah. I think it is the copy that is not working. Thanks for the thorough description. If you attempt to copy the entire contents of a Secure Note by tapping in its content area, nothing is copied to the clipboard. If you edit the Secure Note, "Select All," then "Copy" it behaves as expected.

20110426-kwhgfu8skf99hd1ru8sdy32fxq.jpg

I'll pass this along to the developers for resolution in a future update. Thanks for catching this!
  • hershey
    hershey
    Community Member
    khad,
    Glad to help. You and the Agile folks always do a great job. Thanks for looking at this. The workaround is good for now.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I am glad to know the workaround works for you in the interim. Thanks again for your feedback! :-)

Cheers,
  • MHUNTE
    MHUNTE
    Community Member
    edited May 2011
    khad wrote:

I am glad to know the workaround works for you in the interim. Thanks again for your feedback! :-)

Cheers,

Just came to report the same thing. It was driving me nuts until I figured out what was going on.

I was trying to copy a network password held in the secure notes, and paste it into a Network password setting else where.

So the copy action is actually clearing the pasteboard completely. Which means the paste option is not available through out the iPad.

i.e if I copied something from some where else ( inside 1Password or Not) Then use the 'Copy" option in the secure notes. The pasteboard is cleared. But no new data is available.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2011
    Thank you for the additional information! I have updated our internal tracker to reflect this. I did not notice this aspect of the problem when originally documenting it.
This discussion has been closed.