Login-screen doesn't show anymore on ov-chipkaart.nl [Fixed and site won't work with IE11]

bderooij
bderooij
Community Member
edited December 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Dear sir, madam,
I installed 1Password a few days ago. Today, when I tried to login on my public transport account, in order to save the login details in 1Password, the login screen didn't appear. I tried many times, restarted the computer, but without success. This was in IE 11. When I use Microsoft Edge (on the same computer), there is no problem at all and everything is working fine.
The address of the login screen is: www.ov-chipkaart.nl/mijn-ovchipkaart.htm
I like to add this login to my vault. Can you help me?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: IE 11
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:ov-chipkaart

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @bderooij,

I can reproduce the problem, there's an interaction between the site and our IE plugin that's causing the tab to crash. I've filed a bug report to see if we can work around this.

Just to be clear, are you visiting the site manually in Internet Explorer or are you opening it from the main 1Password program? Without 1Password being involved, I can visit the site just fine as long as I don't use 1Password to open it or to fill.

Here's what you can do for now:

1. Open the site manually in Internet Explorer 11, focus the username field by clicking into it
    2. Open the main 1Password program, select your OV-Chipkaart.nl item in Logins, and then press the Auto-Type button on the toolbar. Select the site in IE when the Auto-Type dialog show up.

That should let 1Password fill it in without crashing the tab.

ref: OPW-524

• bderooij
    bderooij
    Community Member

Hallo MikeT,
    I cannot reach the login page at all. The screen stays blank.
    This is what I do:
    1. I go to the site www.ov-chipkaart.nl
    2. Then I click on the blue button with "Mijn OV-chipkaart" (='My public transport card') to go to the login page.
    3. The screen goes blank.
    When I use Microsoft Edge and repeat the same procedure, there is no problem and I can login normally.
    This means I cannot do what you advise me to do: open the site manually, because I never get to the username field.
    Also when I try to go directly to the login page by typing "www.ov-chipkaart.nl/mijn-ovchipkaart.htm" (to skip the button), I get a blank screen.
    I hope there is a solution.
    Thank you for now.

• AlexHoffmann
    edited November 2015

Wait, you can't open the page at all when you navigate to it manually?
    If that's the case then something might be wrong on the site that's preventing it from working in Internet Explorer.

I just tried to open the site in Safari on the Mac and in Chrome on Windows and it seems to be very resource-intensive and failed to load a couple of times.

The actual login URL that I was shown is https://login.ov-chipkaart.nl. However that site only opens correctly (showing the login form) when accessing it by clicking the Mijn OV-chipkaart link on https://www.ov-chipkaart.nl/home.htm.

I'd like to ask you to save a login item manually once you're on https://login.ov-chipkaart.nl.
    Our knowledge base article 'How to manually save a Login' will explain how to do that.

I hope this helps!

• Hi @bderooij,

Just an update, we've fixed the tab crashing issue and it will be made available in the next update.

I'd like you to try something:

1. Open IE, go to the Tools Menu (gear icon) on top right of IE, select Manage add-ons.
    2. Select Toolbars and extensions, try to disable all of the add-ons including 1Password. Also, go to Tracking Protection on the left sidebar and disable any tracking protection you might have added. This could be used to block the site from loading.
    3. Restart IE, and see if you can visit the site now.

If yes, repeat the process but only enable the two 1Password add-ons while leaving the rest disabled, restart IE and see if it still loads.

• bderooij
    bderooij
    Community Member

For Alex Hoffmann:
    You asked me to save a login item manually once I'm on https://login.ov-chipkaart.nl. However, this is exactly the problem: the point is, I cannot get at https://login.ov-chipkaart.nl. I get a blank page instead!

For MikeT:
    I did as you asked. Disabled all add-ons. There was no Tracking Protection active. I restarted IE and tried tot login. However, when I clicked the button "Mijn OV-chipkaart", I got the same as when the add-ons were still enabled: a blank screen.
    The login page for ov-chipkaart.nl seems to have disappeared from my IE-universe.
    (But lucky me, I can still access it with Microsoft Edges, as long as I remember my password)

Thank you both for your interest.

• Hi @bderooij,

That does rule out 1Password's involvement if nothing changed when you disable the 1Password add-on.

Maybe try adding the site to compatibility view as suggested here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

You can copy the password from the Login item in the main 1Password program (click the copy icon next to the password field) instead of remembering it manually and paste it in Microsoft Edge for now.

• bderooij
    bderooij
    Community Member

Hello MikeT
    I added "ov-chipkaart.nl" to Compatibility View, but to no avail. I still could not reach the login page, and the home page gave a warning: "You use an older version of Internet Explorer. Our website supports IE9 or higher", and it looked horrible, so I removed it again from Compatibility View.
    It is very strange that, even when I disable 1Password (and all other add-ons), the login page still refuses to load, while there was no such problem before the installation of 1Password. So the problem started with the installation of 1Password. I might remove 1Password completely from my computer and see what happens then, but I resent the idea, because I like the program in principle and I would like to use it.

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @bderooij,

Well, we've fixed the bug with the IE tab crashing as soon as you ask 1Password to save or fill on ov-chipkaart.nl and it will be available in the next beta update. You could wait for the update and try again. I'll follow up here as soon as the beta is made available for the public.

However, if you want, you can go ahead and uninstall 1Password to test this, your 1Password data will not be removed. As soon you uninstall 1Password, restart the computer and see if the site is loading or not. Install 1Password and again, test the site to see what happens.

• bderooij
    bderooij
    Community Member

Thank you. I will remove it and see what happens. And I will wait for the update.

• Hi @bderooij,

Good news, we've just shipped the beta update, 4.6.0.BETA-595, that fixes the crashing issue. It looks like it has to do with how long the URL is, it exceeded 2K when it was redirecting.

I tested this build and it did prompt to auto-save and fills for me. Please try it when you have a chance. If you haven't installed 1Password yea, here's the direct link to the beta.

If you did install 1Password already, you can enable the beta update in the main 1Password program's File Menu > Preferences > Updates and check Include Beta versions. Press OK to save the change and go to the Help Menu > Check for New Version...

Let me know how it turns out.

• bderooij
    bderooij
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,
    Yesterday I uninstalled 1Password and removed it completely from my computer. Then I tried to login on my OV-chipkaart account. Alas, I got no login page, but again a blank screen.
    I now wonder what is going on. Maybe 1Password has nothing to do with the fact that I cannot login.
    I cannot find anything on the internet about this problem, nor in the help pages from OV-chipkaart, so maybe I will send them a mail (if they have a helpdesk at all). Anyway, I don't think it is your problem anymore.
    If I uninstall 1Password, and delete all browsing history, cookies, etc. etc. is there any trace left of 1Password in my computer, e.g. in the registry or in the settings of IE11 that can make the problem persistent?

• Hi @bderooij,

Nope, no traces left of the plugin in Internet Explorer once you uninstall 1Password since we remove it for you.

You could try resetting IE to its factory settings but you should back up your history and bookmarks first as it will reset everything. Here's the guide on how to reset IE: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923737

• bderooij
    bderooij
    Community Member

Hello MikeT,
    After it dawned on me that 1Password was probably not the cause of the impossibility to log in on "Mijn OV-chipkaart", I send a mail for help to ov-chipkaart.nl. This morning I received an answer, pointing out that the ov-chipkaart website was supported by:

• Internet Explorer version 10 (!!!)
    • Google Chrome
    • Firefox versie 3.6 or later
    • Safari versie 5.1 or later

and thus not by IE11 (which is ridiculous in my eyes).
    So, after all, I bothered you for nothing. Nevertheless, you found a bug and fixed it. I installed the Beta-version of 1Password, and use it for all my logins, except ov-chipkaart. For that I use Microsoft Edge and I have to remember my password.
    Thank you for the trouble. It was nice working with you.
    Ben de Rooij

• Hi Ben,

Wow, I feel really old remembering all of these versions. I'm glad they gave you an answer on this.

No problem, we're here to help you with anything you need for 1Password and on behalf of our team, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.