i can't sync my android phone with my mac over wifi (i've looked through guides already)

Options
yternity
yternity
Community Member

i really want to buy into this program but it can't by synced with my phone over wifi. when i'm logged in on my computer, under the wifi server it doesn't even have the option of syncing with android devices. it just says "ios devices." both of my devices are on the same network and i've rebooted them.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.10.5
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @yternity. WiFi sync was just recently added on Android, and the language in the WiFi sync window in 1Password 5 for Mac hasn't yet been updated. We have changed the language to reflect syncing with Android devices in the latest betas, and that should be released in a stable version soon.

That said, the language in the WiFi sync window is just display text that was added before we supported WiFi sync on Android, and doesn't have anything to do with syncing itself. The Mac acts as a server, so that you can sync both your iOS and Android devices with it.

Please go ahead and sync your Android device up to your Mac according to these instructions. Let us know if you have any trouble with the process. Thanks!

• yternity
    yternity
    Community Member
    Options

hi peri! i'm a bit confused. so you're saying my mac can't sync with my android device because the app on my mac is newer than the android app? so how can i possibly sync it? i've already looked at the instructions you linked me to and i've tried the first half of the guide but can never get past the fourth step. i already have my passwords saved on my computer. are you suggesting i start a new vault on my android device and then sync to my mac?

• peri
    Options

I apologize for the confusion! I'm not saying that you can't sync with your Android device at all. I'm saying that you can indeed sync with your Android, and that the fact that the WiFi sync window on Mac doesn't specifically mention Android doesn't affect syncing.

Now, if you've gotten to step 4, and your Android device isn't seeing your Mac, then the problem is that something is blocking our discovery service from connecting to Bonjour on your Mac. Do you have the OS X firewall enabled? If so, please open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall on the Mac, and then click the lock to make changes. Open up the firewall options and make sure that it is not set to "Block all incoming connections."

1Password on Android uses Network Service Discovery to connect with Apple’s Bonjour service for WiFi sync. Having the firewall set to block all incoming connections will block 1Password on your Android device from being able to communicate with 1Password on Mac.

Also, make sure to configure the OS X Firewall according to these instructions.

If you're still having trouble afterward, please let us know whether you have any other antivirus software installed on either your Mac or Android. Thanks!

• xjiang
    xjiang
    Community Member
    Options

I am unfortunately having the same issue. I have purchased the 1password license last year, and have been using it on my Mac, iPhone and Android. It was working very well until I reset my iPhone and crashed my OSX. But still, I have a copy of data in my Android. After I installed the new 1Password on my Mac, it does not sync with my Android. I have tried to set Firewall and proxy as instruction, but still getting error "Cannot connect. Open 1password on your computer and make sure wifi sync server is running". I also get a message "Syncing with Wi-Fi server... Service resolved." But it is not going anywhere. I tried to fix this problem several times, but it is really a headache. Having a computer science degree does not give me any advantage having it resolved. I guess it is somehow related to the compatibility of the new version with older versions, but it is just a basic idea of backward compatibility.

Here is my problem:
    Can not Sync data from Android to OSX

1password version for Android: 4.5.3
    1password version for OSX: 5.4.1
    Android: Nexus 6
    Android version: 6
    Android Kernel version: 3.10.40-ge42477a
    Macbook Pro OSX version: 10.11.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Hi @xjiang. Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having syncing at the moment. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your Mac:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---Mac---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.