Can't sync with iCloud

Options
justinwismer
justinwismer
Community Member

I have tried everything but still can't sync with iCloud. Please help. I am on a MacBook Air (OS 10.11) and iPhone 6 (iOS 9).

1Password Version: 6.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:icloud-troubleshooting, kb:check-os-version

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@justinwismer - Did your copy of 1Password for Mac come from the AgileBits web store? I ask because iCloud syncing is only made available by Apple to applications sold in one of their own App Stores. If that's the case, you'll need to buy anew license from the Mac App Store to be able to use iCloud.

If that's not the issue, post back with some additional details. What happens when you attempt to sync, for one. And what versions of 1Password are you using on all devices?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@justinwismer: Indeed, only the Mac App Store version of 1Password is able to sync with iCloud. I've moved this discussion to the Mac category of the forums. Just let us know where you're running into trouble and we'll do what we can to help! :)

• justinwismer
    justinwismer
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted the app from desktop and iOS and downloaded it from the Mac app store and I am still having the issue. The updated items on the desktop app are not getting synced to iOS. The details in iOS all seem to be very old.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @justinwismer,

Thanks for the extra information about this. And we're sorry for the trouble.

We've recently identified a bug with sync in iOS, which I think you may be running into: 1Password 6.1.1 for iOS doesn't sync until you switch away from All Vaults view to the Primary vault view. If you select your Primary vault, does that trigger iCloud sync to update changes?

ref: OPI-3196

• RRettke
    RRettke
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Vee,

Thanks for the explanation. My brother & sister-in-law are 1Password users on iOS and they called me last night (I am their Tech Suppport) with one phone syncing and the second phone and the iPad not syncing. I was a little baffled until I read your your explanation, and voila‘, that was it. They are both very non-technical so I am still baffled as to how two of their devices ended up in All Vaults view and one in Primary, but changing them all to primary got syncing working again. Thank You.

• @RRettke Glad to hear Vee's explanation was able to help you out as well. We're hoping to get this fixed as soon as possible — sorry for the inconvenience, but at least there's a quick workaround. :) Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.