Feature Request: priorities commonly used logins

Options
onlinedamian66
onlinedamian66
Community Member

Hi guys,

I love 1Password, have being using it for a number of years now and each upgrade brings a host of great improvements.

But, just as 1Password seems to get bigger and better, so does my digital footprint and I now find myself with an excessive number of gmail accounts.

My problem is that the two I use on a regular basis appear at the bottom of the list when I use the Chrome Extension to login into gmail.

What would be great is if 1Password could remember the logins I use the most and put them at the top of the list. That would save me scrolling down to find them everyday.

Just a thought !

(-:
Damian

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

@onlinedamian - If you designate a record as a favorite, it will appear at the top of the list. I do this for my most-used Gmail account. Just open the record and select the option to make it a favorite.

• onlinedamian66
    onlinedamian66
    Community Member
    Options

... (blush) thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It sounds like hawkmoth's suggestion helped! ;)

Indeed, 'Favorites' can be a bit confusing, since they can serve so many different functions (such as this). We can also consider other options for login prioritization as well. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I will admit that I never use the Favourites. I'd rather search for logins instead. It would be great if the search options were expanded.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Theres certainly room for improvement when it comes to search. I will say though that if you're like me and have some sites with multiple Logins that get in the way — even just Google — assigning one or two as Favorites puts them at the top of the list and makes them more accessible. :)

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

I have this issue as well and my issue with search, though possible from the extension (Chrome at least), is that when I select a search result it opens it in a new tab when I was merely trying to narrow the list to fill on the current page. The search IMO from the browser extension should act more like a filter of current results (though filtering ALL items is fine if I can still use them to fill the same page...this likely causes security issues due to submitting entries to unrelated URLs though). Also my opinion is clouded by how this filtering works in a competitor's product I was using until a recent acquisition :-)

As an example, Microsoft Office 365 accounts tend to be a very long scrolling list for me due to the number of these accounts I work with regularly! And I don't even have them all saved in 1Password.

Anyway, that's my more than two cents of agreement!

David

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Anyway, that's my more than two cents of agreement!

@dszp: That was perfect! Thanks so much for taking the time to elaborate. :chuffed:

As an example, Microsoft Office 365 accounts tend to be a very long scrolling list for me due to the number of these accounts I work with regularly! And I don't even have them all saved in 1Password.

That sounds terrifying. While 1Password isn't designed with these extreme cases in mind specifically (and I thought I had a lot of Google logins — yikes), I think there are ways of improving the experience both for you and also those in more typical situations. :pirate:

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

I understand, thanks. I do think you'll see more of this with Teams and business customers. If an MSP/IT services company is using Teams for storing customer info, they tend to have many customers using the same sites (if there are no central management options) and this can be frequent. However, Office 365 does have partner management options from the main login now, so technically this one could get cleaned up a bit with some work now :-) It's not the only offender but probably the worst at the moment (maybe 50 logins for same site?).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I do think you'll see more of this with Teams and business customers. If an MSP/IT services company is using Teams for storing customer info, they tend to have many customers using the same sites (if there are no central management options) and this can be frequent.

@dszp: I think you might be right about that. Thanks for bringing this up! It may be something we'll have to consider more and more going forward. :)

This discussion has been closed.