Help, I have a particular problem that the license information does not address.

Options
Gavin_Williamson
Gavin_Williamson
Community Member

I bought 1Password from the Apple Store on 12/10/2015, Order ID and love it but I had to wipe my macbook and in the time between first installing the software and reinstalling 1Password I had changed countries and therefore the App Store, 1Password is still functioning well on my iPhone and I have managed to sync the logins over iCloud but the version on my macbook shows as Trial Expired. As I have changed countries my UK purchases no longer appear in my list, I am unable to change my country back without losing other apps, although the same product is accessible in both stores Apple does not connect them. Is there any other way of getting my license so that I can continue using the software. I am concerned it may just lock down at some point or if I reset my phone I will have lost everything. Any help you can give would be very helpful, I can supply the Mac App Store Receipt if required.

1Password Version: 6.1.2
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:license-file-faq, kb:add-license

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Gavin_Williamson I suspect you have two separate problems.

the version on my macbook shows as Trial Expired

The only version of 1P available as a trial is that from the AgileBits store—and the version of 1P from the AgileBits store doesn't support iCloud sync. You can read more about the "trial expired" message (which you'll see only in respect of the AgileBits store version) in this knowledge base article:

“Trial Expired” notice (Mac)

in the time between first installing the software and reinstalling 1Password I had changed countries and therefore the App Store

I think this is a separate problem and (because AgileBits has no control over, or access to, the App Store) it's one you'll have to pursue with Apple. However, I believe others on this forum have reported an inability to transfer App Store purchases from the store of one country to that of another—so you may find you have a problem in that respect.

If you post again it would be useful if you'd please tell us what version of 1P for Mac you are using (the link will tell you how to find that information). The version number you've given is that for 1P for iOS rather than 1P for Mac.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gavin_Williamson: Indeed, if you've changed App Stores, your previous purchase won't be valid there. Apple does not allow these to be transferred, for a variety of reasons. If you'd like to continue using the App Store version, you may need to purchase it again in the correct store. Alternatively, we'll be happy to generate a license for the AgileBits Store version for you if you'll send a copy of your original Mac App Store receipt to support+licenses@agilebits.com — no region restrictions there. Cheers! :)

• Gavin_Williamson
    Gavin_Williamson
    Community Member
    Options

thanks, Ill send that to you

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @Gavin_Williamson!

I see that Marshall has already replied to your email. We'll go ahead and consider this forum thread closed for now, and you can continue the conversation via email if you'd like. Cheers! :)
    ref: BJL-94396-349

• Gavin_Williamson
    Gavin_Williamson
    Community Member
    Options

At last a company that takes customer service seriously, the program rocks but so do the people behind it!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks so much for your kind words, @Gavin_Williamson. :) I've shared them with the entire team here.

Have a fantastic rest of your week and a lovely holiday!

This discussion has been closed.