Meta: Add "like a comment" function to Forum

Options

Hi AgileBits crew.

Your forum software is generally great but I'd like to suggest adding a "like" function, if possible. I reckon this would be particularly useful to AgileBits when people are raising feature requests (e.g. during the 1Password For Teams beta) for the following reasons:

• You get an easily captured measure of the level of interest beyond merely counting # of posts in the particular thread or the pain of trying to reliably parse the comment text for "+1" or its equivalent.
  • It discourages people duplicating the feature request as a tactic to push the topic (which I see a lot in the synth technology/support threads I'm active in). People get the "this!" urge off their chests right there and then.
  • It's a nice way to give direct kudos a particular poster.

Anyway, thanks for considering it.

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.5.BETA-27 (550027) Agile Bet
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1 (15B42)
Sync Type: 1Password For Teams, DropBox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @LesserSpottedPotoroo,

Thanks for suggesting this. :) We don't actually write the forum software that we use here. It is made by Vanilla. But I'd be happy to pass along the feedback to them.

Ben

• LesserSpottedPotoroo
    Options

Hey @bwoodruff. Thanks for responding. I totally understand the constraints of a third-party application and appreciate your offer to pass on my suggestion. Also, now I know about a new discussion thread tool, which is a bonus since it might be useful for my own business. Cheers.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015
    Options

@LesserSpottedPotoroo: Any time! I've heard that Vanilla has some big things in the works, but I'm afraid that they only tell me as much about their future releases as I can tell you about ours! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.