I need to migrate from the App Store version to the Website version to use the multiuser beta.

Options
  • My data is currently synched to iCloud and I use the App Store version.
  • I want to move to your website version so that I can use the Teams beta.
  • I downloaded the website version and followed instructions to close the old version.
  • I do not see a "Let's get started" butotn. Instead I click the option "I've used 1password before."
  • It asks where my data is. My data is synched to iCould. That's not an option to retrieve it from iCloud.
  • I tried exporting the data from my old version, but it does not end up in a keychain file.
  • Now I'm stuck.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 5.4 (540046) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS v10.11
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:teams-setup-existing-user, kb:install-app-beta, kb:switch-from-mac-app-store, kb:install-app-beta, kb:switch-from-mac-app-store

Comments

• Hey @donfornes! Sorry for the trouble. Did you make sure to quit 1Password and 1Password mini before installing the new app? Your data should be found and imported automatically as mentioned in Switching to the version of 1Password from the AgileBits Store. It sounds like the old app's mini may be running and disrupting things a bit. For now, please quit all instances of 1Password mini that are running (you can check the menu bar to make sure there aren't any). Then launch the 1Password 5.app, which is the beta, from your Applications folder. You should then see the Awesome! Let's Get Started. button. Let me know how it goes. :)

• donfornes
    donfornes
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried that again and it did not work. I have created a screen capture video for you to review:

https://dropbox.com/s/a8mdty28wdkj28w/1Password%20Issues.mov?dl=0

• @donfornes Thanks for that. Could you try choosing I've used 1Password before and then selecting Restore from backup? From there, use Shift G on your keyboard and paste the following in the text field:

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backups/

Click Go and choose the most recent backup from the list. That should get things set up properly. Let me know how it goes. :)

• donfornes
    donfornes
    Community Member
    Options

That worked! Thanks

• @donfornes Awesome. No problem at all! If you have any other questions, we're here to help out.

• donfornes
    donfornes
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

No I have it up and running, but can't seem to figure out how to get my data into the web version for teams. I read the guide, but I'm stuck again.

Here's what my web panel looks like -- nothing in it.

And here's a shot showing that I already set up an account in 1Password on my iMac.

[removed personal data]

• @donfornes I just removed that second screenshot you posted because it had your email in it and this is a public forum. You may have just followed the guide to get the Teams account configured, but moving things is one other step. Could you try following this guide?

Moving data from a personal vault to a Team vault

• donfornes
    donfornes
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. That worked, but now I have duplicate copies of every item. Can I delete my "Primary" vault and just use "Your Vault?"

• @donfornes How did you transfer them? Did you use the Move or Copy button? If you moved them, there shouldn't be duplicate copies of the items. If you copied them, then that makes sense. Either way, you can feel free to delete the ones in your Primary vault since that will cause things to get confusing in the future if you edit one copy and the other doesn't have the same info.

This discussion has been closed.