How should I best store personal/home passwords for with 1Password Teams account?

Options

We just signed up for 1Password Teams, and I'm excited to be able to use 1Password for my personal/home accounts too. What's the best way to do this? Can I have multiple e-mail addresses associated with my account? Should I keep my personal logins in a separate vault? Is there anything else I should think about before entering lots of personal passwords in? What happens if I leave the team?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:home and work, kb:license-requirements

Comments

• Hi @forrestn ,

If you leave a team, and your team suspends or deletes your account, you will no longer have access to your items. Your employer (or whoever owns your team account) owns every vault belonging to that team. So for personal logins, you have two options:

1. Use 1Password's personal vaults, which you could then sync with Dropbox or iCloud. Note that 1Password for Teams includes full licensing for the desktop and mobile applications, so if you left your team, you would then need to purchase the desktop and/or mobile apps.
    2. Register a new team for personal use. This is especially useful if you have other family members that would use 1Password. The desktop and mobile apps can have multiple teams installed on them.

Also note that you can switch from method 1 to method 2 if you change your mind later. Login items can be moved and copied between Teams and personal vaults.

If you have further questions, feel free to reply.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.