Can’t login/create team. Have passcode but can’t retrieve Account Key

I can’t login/create team. Have passcode but can’t retrieve Account Key.
My team name says it is taken but i’m sure I am the one who has it. How do I recover it and start anew?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @BoxCar ,

When you setup your account it asked you to save your Emergency Kit. Is it possible you still have that and forgotten. Check in your Downloads folder. There may be an Emergency Kit pdf file there. It will contain your account key. If you do not have that, please let us know.

Regards,
    Kevin

• BoxCar
    BoxCar
    Community Member

Hi I found the emergency kit. But it still looks like I don’t have access to the original vanity URL because it is presumably tied up for me.
    How do I start from scratch with the Account Key.

• Hi @BoxCar ,

The Emergency Kit also has the URL you are looking for. It's labelled sign-in url:

If you have trouble logging into that, please let us know the error message you receive.

Regards,
    Kevin

• BoxCar
    BoxCar
    Community Member

OK, I can sign-in using Chrome only.
    Do I need to migrate all of my vault to Teams? What do I need to do within the 1P Mac app to use Teams?
    What about other Team members?
    I’m finding it really hard to understand the migration. When can I use w/Safari?
    Does this work with the mobile app?

• BoxCar
    BoxCar
    Community Member

Someone else from Agile said Chrome only works for now. That was the issue of not being able to sign-in in Safari. The error message should direct users to Chrome and not say the encryption method isn’t support. That doesn’t help the user.

• Hi @BoxCar ,

Safari does not yet have the encryption capabilities required for the admin console. We are working to see if this can be made possible in future releases.

You can now add your teams accounts to Mac and iOS devices, with Windows and Android support coming soon.

We have written a guide to help you get started here: https://support.1password.com/teams/

Feel free to reply if you have any questions, or need assistance.

Regards,
    Kevin

• BoxCar
    BoxCar
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

As a 1P user for many years, what can you point me to for migrating the ‘Primary' Vault to 'Your Vault'? If I understand that’s what I should do??? Or should I leave both and just use ‘Your Vault’ for work/Team passwords?

• BoxCar
    BoxCar
    Community Member
  • @BoxCar At the moment, you'll need to have the Mac app to move things from one vault to another. If you do, here's the guide for that:

Moving data from a personal vault to a Team vault

We're looking to bring support to the iOS app soon. For now, I hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.