Feature Request: Save custom searches

It was possible to save custom searches previously, but since folders went away with teams it would be nice to have a way to save those searches even if it's just on the Mac app. The main use I have for this is identifying items with conflicts. Or if it was possible to add items with conflicts to security audit. That would be helpful as well.

1Password Version: 5.5.BETA-30
Extension Version: 4.5.0.b3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @donnywdavis! Interesting idea. I'm not sure I understand why saving searches would be easier than using the security audit feature though. What exactly do you mean by conflicts?

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member

Hi @penderworth. I'm not sure exactly what triggers it but if an item is updated and for whatever reason it can't decide which data to use it will create a new section on the item called Conflicts. I thought there used to be a way to save custom searches as a smart folder but that's not available currently. I think that it would be appropriate for these conflicts to show up in the security audit section rather than saving them as a custom search.

• Hi, @donnywdavis.

Saved Searches are still supported in local (non-team) vaults, but they (and smart folders) are not supported at this time in 1Password for Teams. We do have it filed for consideration, but I'm not sure when or if they will come back. Thanks for your vote!

ref: OPB-698

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member

Thanks @rob. This was mainly the only thing that I used the saved searches feature for and it's super easy to pop up the search options so won't be missing much if it doesn't make it back. Just throwing out the suggestion just in case. :)

• No problem, @donnywdavis! We'll see what happens. Thanks for the feedback. :)

This discussion has been closed.