I know my password is right. My own hint definitely confirms this and I wrote it down. Why can I n

Options
pensawjones
pensawjones
Community Member

I know my password but the site is not allowing me in. I do not want to start over! This is for ipassword. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:forgot-master-password, kb:master-password-not-accepted

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pensawjones,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your password. Could you please let me know what you mean by "the site"? Also, just to clarify, you are using 1Password (pronounced "one password"), not "iPassword" (pronounced "eye password"), right?

Please let me know.

Ben

• pensawjones
    pensawjones
    Community Member
    Options

Yes that is right. I cannot log into the app thou I have done so in the past. I know my own but it is not recognizing it.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for confirming, @pensawjones. I understand you've already reviewed this page, but it is the best information I have:

(iOS) My Master Password is not being accepted. What should I do?

If the solutions listed there do not help then unfortunately starting over would be the only way forward.

Ben

• pensawjones
    pensawjones
    Community Member
    Options

Do you have any suggestions? I am not going to start all over. It took weeks to add info.

• Ben
    Options

@pensawjones,

There is no way into a 1Password vault other than with the Master Password. Do you perhaps have a backup of your vault from before this problem began that you could try restoring?

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

Have you setup 1Password to sync your data at all?

Please let us know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.