I accidently deleted my 1 password app from Apple iPhone 6 plus. How can I restore it?

Options
Jongtae66
Jongtae66
Community Member

It was 1 password 3.7.2 I believe. It was at the bottom of the screen (blue globe with key with a ring icon) of my iPhone 6 Plus. I believe it got deleted when I carried it in my pocket. It was gone when I take it out of my pocket and opened the iPhone. I synced it up with my iTunes about 8 months ago. That was the last backup & I don't sync it in iCloud...

1Password Version: 3.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 8.1.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:ios-itunes-backups, kb-search:i accidently deleted my 1password app , kb:upgrade-ios, kb-search:restrore from itunes backup, kb:ios-itunes-backups

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Jongtae66,

Sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately without a backup there wouldn't be any way to restore your data. By default your 1Password data is stored only on your device (we do not store it for you). Unless you setup syncing or backups that is where the only copy exists. Removing the app also removes that data.

Are you certain you do not have a more recent backup?

Ben

• Jongtae66
    Jongtae66
    Community Member
    Options

The only backup I have is on my old iPhone 4S. I upgraded about 10 months ago to 6 plus. I checked 4S & and it still has 1 Password (version 3.7.2) and data. I have not upgraded 1P to newer version on my 6 Plus & continued using 1P 3.7.2. Let me know how to restore 1P data from my iPhone 4S. I use Windows 7 Home Premium PC & has iTunes. I heard I can restore 1 P data using wifi network at home with my pc....Please post with detail instructions. Thanks in advance.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Jongtae66

Instructions for restoring your device from a device backup will come from Apple, not from us. You can find those here:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

It would probably be wise to first make a new device backup, before restoring from the old one:

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

For the future I'd highly recommend upgrading to the latest version of 1Password:

How do I upgrade from 1Password 3 on iOS?

And making regular backups using the 1Password backup utility (instead of relying on device backups):

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

Unfortunately device backups have not been proven to be very reliable when it comes to restoring 1Password data -- which is one of the reasons we created our own backup utility. As such I cannot make any promises that restoring your device from your iPhone 4s backup will improve this situation, and is done at your own risk.

You may also want to consider syncing your 1Password data to either iCloud or Dropbox. This is not a replacement for backups, but a good additional safeguard so that your data lives in more that one place:

Sync | 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.