Hi, I lost my account key and have no way to access to account. What can I do?

Re7
Re7
Community Member

My browser did crash during the registration process and I could't save the emergency packet. Team name is "tribe" and I'd very much like to keep that. Now in login process is says, that my email is mistyped and this emergency code is needed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-troubleshooting-signin, kb:account-key, kb:teams-troubleshooting-signin

Comments

• Hey @Re7! Oh no. :( I'm so sorry about that. Could you send your account info to support@1password.com with a link to this forum thread? We'll try our best to help you get things sorted out.

• Re7
    Re7
    Community Member

Thanks, got it working now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• Matthew_Bell
    Matthew_Bell
    Community Member

When I set up our new team vault, I did not fully understand what I was doing! I got as far as sending my boss an invitation to join, but now I cannot confirm his membership as I did not save the emergency packet, nor can I access our profile as I did not get the account key. Please help! Jill Pierce (Bell Family Interests).

• rob
    rob
    edited December 2015

Hi, @Matthew_Bell (or Jill).

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We are working on some updates to the signup flow to clarify things so this doesn't happen. In the meantime, could you email us at support@1password.com with your team's sign-in URL so we can get things sorted out for you?

Thanks!

• josman88
    josman88
    Community Member

I cannot access my team account because I do not have the account key. After reading the instructions on where to locate the account key I am realizing that I accepted the invitation on my computer at work, which is NOT a registered device on my 1Password account. I also performed the registration on my team following a link in a webmail account. The result is my account key was never saved anywhere and I have zero authorized devices on the team account.
    Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

I do suggest that the sign up workflow make the need, and importance of the account key obvious BEFORE gaining access into the account. Accepting the invitation on a device that does not have the 1Password app installed results in a lockout once you logout. If you did not create an emergency packet before logging out, you are done.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@josman88: Sorry for the trouble! Please email us at support@1password.com and we'll see what we can do to help. And thanks for the feedback! We'll continue to work to streamline the signup process. :)

• josman88
    josman88
    Community Member

Thanks guys. I'm in and everything is working great.

• On behalf of brenty, you're welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.