Windows 10 High DPI

Options

Hi AgileBits,

I've been a long term user of 1password on iOS and Windows. The Windows version consistently seems neglected in terms of effort and improvements.

Take HiDPI for example. Your workaround has been there for years. How about actually implementing this feature? It would make a big difference in terms of usability to many users I'm sure.

Can you tell me where this is on your backlog and how to get it up the list?

Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've been a long term user of 1password on iOS and Windows. The Windows version consistently seems neglected in terms of effort and improvements.

@mikecurl: Not at all! And while I think it is difficult to make that case while looking at the release notes, I can appreciate that you may feel this way if localization and accessibility are not important to you, since that is our current focus.

Take HiDPI for example. Your workaround has been there for years. How about actually implementing this feature? It would make a big difference in terms of usability to many users I'm sure.

This is definitely a very user-facing feature, and one that we very much want to add in a future version. Unfortunately it will require a significant rewrite, so it will take time. And of course it doesn't do any good for users who are blind or speak an unsupported language, so that's where we're putting our efforts for the time being.

While I can't say when 1Password for Windows will get HiDPI support, I can tell you that those of us here at AgileBits fortunate enough to be able to see the difference are very eager for this feature. Thanks for letting us know it's important to you as well! :)

• Kristian
    Kristian
    Community Member
    Options

Very sad, that 1Password doesn't support HiDPI :( But for a multi language interface we had to wait ~4 years. For this reason, we have to wait some further years, before we get HiDPI support ;)

Fun fact: The Windows product manager for Microsoft Germany uses 1Password. I have seen this in a video he describes HiDPI in Windows 10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDYOuJVMh1Y It's too bad that he can't explain the HiDPI feature with the 1Password app as example.

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @Kristian,

Thanks for the video, that was awesome to see. There is 1Password Alpha for Windows Modern that's available in the Windows store that does support Hi-DPI if you'd like to try it out. It's currently an alpha build that doesn't have editing capacity at the moment but we do want to enter Hi-DPI world sooner than later is all we can say at the moment.

• Kristian
    Kristian
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply! Great to hear, that you want to bring HiDPI support as soon as possible.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kristian: Indeed! Now, I don't want to give you the impression that this means it's coming soon; it will be a lot of hard work and testing. But I for one really, really want this, and I know I'm not alone. ;)

• mikeybarra
    mikeybarra
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any update to Windows 10 HiDPI support? Very tired of looking at this app in Windows...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mikeybarra: It's something we'll be doing in the future, but we don't have anything to announce yet. Thanks for your patience! :)

This discussion has been closed.