Should I wait for 1Password for Teams or purchase desktop licenses now...

Options

Hi there,
I am interested to rollout 1Password to our small company (approx 10 people). I've seen the Store prices and the Business store. I've trialled the product for the last week and am happy with the prices for 10 users through your business store.

But what is probably of more interest to our company is the 1Password for Teams product you are working on. So I would like to know the upgrade path. If I pay now for say 10 desktop windows licenses now, and then in 6 months we want to move to the Teams product - is there any discount or upgrade path? Or do we have to purchase all over again?

Thanks
Paul.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello Paul,

This is a very interesting question :)

At first I was going to suggest that you simply start with 1Password for Teams, but then I realized that your folks are primarily on Windows and we have a lot of work remaining on the Windows side of the world before it's ready for prime time.

So I would suggest you purchase 1Password for Windows now (from our business store as you said) and when 1Password for Teams finishes the beta testing process we'll give you a discount. We haven't announced the specifics yet but it's safe to say that we will have a migration path for those to switch from 1Password to 1Password for Teams, and we'll provide a discount for those who have already purchased 1Password.

Cheers!

• paulc456765
    paulc456765
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! That's a great option and very simple.

good luck with the Teams project - that's a fantastic idea and well needed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks so much! We don't have anything to announce yet for Windows, but we're working hard to get 1Password for Teams there too. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.