1PW Pro on iPhone 5c lost data and pro features... what happened?

Options
VanDee
VanDee
Community Member

Installed family copy of 1PW on iPhone 5c. Linked up two Vaults through Dropbox (different folders and access passwords). All seemed fine. but today while wanting to demonstrate how this works to my kids. the version on my son's phone seems to have no data or vaults and has the prompt to upgrade to the pro features (I assume the version is not longer the pro version?). I reinstalled 1PW but retain this problem. On the 3 other iOS devices the setup still works.

Further info:
I am synching 2 Macs (MB Air and iMac) and 5 iOS devices. the kids have identical pHones and setups and had exactly the same treatment (but one different Vault (personal) and one shared Vault (family). We have access from our iOS devices and the Macs to their folders as well as a primary vault which we do not share with the kids. Perhaps coincidental. I had to reset the password on dropbox as the CORRECT password did not seem to work.

Any advise would be welcome... not sure how I reinstall the pro version of the iOS 1PW app now or whether there is another fundamental problem here... it all seemed to be going fine... could I have overdone the number of copies we are allowed to install of the app?

Thank you!

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.5.1
OS Version: iOS 9.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1PW Pro changed??? lost my vaults and now asking me to upgrade to Pro?? (I had it installed)

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @VanDee,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. It sounds as though there may be some confusion about how this all operates, so please allow me to try and explain:

In-app purchases are sold on a per-Apple ID basis, and cannot be shared using Family Sharing. They must be made for each Apple ID that wishes to have them. 1Password's Pro Features are an in-app purchase, and as such must be purchased for each Apple ID. iOS purchases are totally separate from any other platform (Mac, Windows, Android, etc).

Sync settings must be established on each device. Setting up one device to sync with Dropbox will not cause all of your other devices to begin doing so. Each must be set up individually.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• VanDee
    VanDee
    Community Member
    Options

Ben thanks for taking the time to respond. It would certainly explain the situation in part at least. However what I do not understand is how I was able to set 1PW up with the multiple vaults in the first place and then play around with it for a day or so to test the functioning. Also the in App purchase mechanism is an Agile controlled feature which seems convenient for upgrading but also very much like a way to disable the intent of the family sharing. Given the excellent programming otherwise, I find this confusing but I think I may have a workaround which I will test for this. Any other suggestions?. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ben thanks for taking the time to respond. It would certainly explain the situation in part at least. However what I do not understand is how I was able to set 1PW up with the multiple vaults in the first place and then play around with it for a day or so to test the functioning. Also the in App purchase mechanism is an Agile controlled feature which seems convenient for upgrading but also very much like a way to disable the intent of the family sharing.

@VanDee: No. The in-app purchase, like Family Sharing, is part of the App Store, which is owned and operated by Apple.

Given the excellent programming otherwise, I find this confusing but I think I may have a workaround which I will test for this. Any other suggestions?. Thanks

Sorry! It can definitely be confusing. We don't have any way of knowing what might work now, or why it worked for your originally, since purchases are handled entirely by the App Store. :(

This discussion has been closed.