I have to manually make my iOS devices sync - how can I get this to be automatic

Options
BRENDAN
BRENDAN
Community Member

On both my iPhone and iPad (running iOS9.2) 1Password is not syncing automatically when I make a change on the iOS device or when I make a change on my mac even though the mac 1Password is syncing to the cloud automatically once I make a change. I have two vaults, the primary one is syncing via iCloudd and the secondary one via Dropbox. I am seeing the behaviour on both iCloud and Dropbox.

1Password Version: iOS 6.1.2 and OSX 5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2, OSX 10.11.2
Sync Type: iCloud, Dropbox
Referrer: kb:sync-options, kb:icloud-troubleshooting, kb-search:iOS app not syncing, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting, kb:icloud-faq

Comments

• ian_foss
    ian_foss
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having this issue with two vaults on iOS that are both syncing via Dropbox. Today, I had to manually relink 1Password to the vaults via Dropbox in order to get them to sync. Usually, I can just manually sync the vaults and it will work. Today, not even that worked. Apparently, my vaults hadn't synced in weeks.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@ian_foss does this sticky at the top of the forum help to explain the situation at all?

Stephen

• ian_foss
    ian_foss
    Community Member
    Options

It sure does, @Stephen_C. Thanks for showing me what I should have found for myself!

• BRENDAN
    BRENDAN
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @ian_foss. I'll try to just stay in single vault mode and see if that works - if I am in my primary vault will the secondary vault only sync when I open it? Is this a bug (it feels like it) and will it be fixed do you know?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@BRENDAN as the last post in the sticky thread says:

We're currently beta testing fixes for each of these issues. We don't have a time frame for when we'll have an update available, but we'll get it out to everyone as soon as we can, once we've tested it thoroughly!

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BRENDAN,

I hope Stephen's reply helped to answer your question, but if you need anything else or have more questions about that, please let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.