Can't sync, data is locked

Options
baspaul
baspaul
Community Member

Hi, when trying to sync iPad it asks 'please unlock your 1pw data in dropbox to continue' I need to fill in a pw but i don't have a pw for that. All works fine on iPhone. How can I refresh that pw or otherwise unlock it?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@baspaul: There isn't any way to sync a vault through Dropbox (or iCloud, or Wi-Fi) without the correct passwords:

1. Login credentials for the Dropbox or iCloud, or your Wi-Fi network
    2. The Master Password for the vault you're trying to sync

To be clear, there isn't any way to 'reset' the Master Password, and it will always be needed to decrypt the vault. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• baspaul
    baspaul
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am logged in to 1pw and also into dropbox but I don't know a master pw for that vault. It works fine on the macbook and iPhone. Should I back up, delete vault and create a new one?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @baspaul,

Is this your only vault? If so the Master Password would be the same one you use to unlock 1Password on your Mac. If it is a secondary vault then you can turn off syncing for it (and delete the file from Dropbox), create a new vault on the Mac with a strong but memorable Master Password, move all of the items from the current vault to the new one, and then sync the new one.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• baspaul
    baspaul
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, you are the dude! Thank you so much!!

I had only one vault indeed.

Have a good holiday,
    Bas

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@baspaul, on behalf of Ben, you're very welcome! I'm really glad to hear that helped you solve the problem. I'll make sure to let him know he's the dude! :)

We're here for you if you need anything else. Happy holidays!

This discussion has been closed.