I am a long time user of 1password. I have an iMac 9.02 (El Capitan) recently installed, 1Password

3.8.2 and cannot get them to work together. I just installed extensions which don't work either. I have an iPad and a phone and can only get aps and password to work if I access through 1 password rather than the other way around as on the mac. What can I do?
I am 91 now and haven't the time or mentality to endure all these changes. Please help! Merle Bauser

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/new-computer-icloud, ug:mac/installing-extensions, ug:mac/new-computer, ug:mac/adding-an-identity-and-a-credit-card, kb:change-website-password

Comments

• Merle
    Merle
    Community Member

I always loved 1password.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Merle as your post relates to 1P3 for Mac I have moved the post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P3 legacy forum where you will get more help.

I'm sorry for the problems you're having—which come about because of incompatibilities between the old 1P3 and the new OS X El Capitan. You can read more about that in this sticky at the top of the forum,

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Merle: Sorry for the trouble! While 1Password 3 has enjoyed a long life, El Capitan hasn't been kind to our old friend. 1Password 5, however, still has a lot of life left in it, and fully supports El Capitan (and Yosemite). Please check out Stephen_C's link for more information, and be sure to let us know if you have any questions! :)

• Merle
    Merle
    Community Member

As I suspected. The same occurred when I first used os 10. I will download the new version for the iMac and iOS 9 for my phone (6S) and iPad which is iOS 9. If I have problem, be sure I will be back in touch. I will keep your links. Many thanks.
    Merle

• Merle
    Merle
    Community Member

So far, so good. I downloaded and installed 5 on the mac. How and when do I pay for this? Will check the phone and pad tomorrow.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Merle,

As an existing 1Password 3 user, if you enter your 1Password 3 licence key on our Upgrades for Existing Licence Owners page you can purchase a 1Password 5 licence at a discounted price. The email you receive will include instructions on how to download and install the licence file and 1Password 5 will do the rest.

If you have any troubles with any of this please do let us know :smile:

This discussion has been closed.