Duplication on import to Teams

3l3phant
3l3phant
Community Member
edited December 2015 in Business and Teams

When I imported my logins into Teams (via the instructions on the site) it worked but duplicated each, leaving me with two of the same logins for each login (if that makes sense). Should that have happened and regardless, is there a way to fix it?

Update
I found the duplication fix under the security audit in the 1password application itself (OS X). Will that resolve the dupes inside Teams?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @3l3phant,

Thanks for writing in. Let's see if we can figure out what happened here.

I can think of two scenarios where this could have possibly happened.

Scenario 1:

Is it at all possible that you copied/imported your logins more than once? Every copy becomes a new item as opposed to overwriting the previous copy, and so this could cause duplicates.

Scenario 2:

Are you looking at the Security Audit from within All Vaults? If you copied your items from one vault to another, then both would show within Security Audit.

Do any of these ring a bell? If not, let us know and we'll dig further.

Rick

• 3l3phant
    3l3phant
    Community Member

Hi Rick - I'm fairly sure I only copied/imported once - From the 1Password application "up" to teams. In terms of Scenario 2, lefthand part of the application (again, OS X) under Security Audit, Duplicate Passwords. 1,918 items with Duplicate Passwords.

• @3l3phant It appears that you "copied" the from one vault to another instead of "moving" the items.

The "Copy" option will make a duplicate item in the destination vault and leave the original item intact. The "Move" option will delete the original item after it was copied.

• 3l3phant
    3l3phant
    Community Member

OK, that makes sense. But then shouldn't there be a single copy in each? Regardless, is it a manual process to delete the duplicates in the desktop application?

• If the items are duplicated because you copied the contents of one vault to another, the cleanup will be pretty simple. All you'd need to do is go to one of the vaults, select all the items, and move them to the Trash. The trick is making sure the vault contents are the same before deleting the items :)

Try switching between the Vaults and make sure you have all the same items. You can find the Vault Switcher in the top-left-hand corner of the Mac app, as shown here:

Assuming the items are the same (they should be since you copied them all; I'm just being extra cautious), while viewing your old Vault you can press ⌘A to select all items and then press ⌘⌦ to move them all to the Trash. If you prefer, you could delete all the items in your new Team vault first and then move the items from your personal vaults over afterwards.

I hope this helps.

Merry Christmas!

This discussion has been closed.