When I open the 1Password extension in safari on ios9 only get a couple of recent logins.

cliveB
cliveB
Community Member

When I open the 1Password extension in safari on ios9 I only get a couple of recent logins and New Login listed what has happened to all the rest?

1Password Version: 6 ?
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:When I open the 1Password extension in safari on ios9 I only get a couple of recent logins.

Comments

• Hi @cliveB,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. The 1Password for iOS Safari extension only shows logins that match the page you are currently viewing. For example, your yahoo.com login item will not show up if you are viewing google.com.

Thanks!

Ben

• cliveB
    cliveB
    Community Member

So, if I am in Safari on my iPad how do I login to a web page already set up with a password in 1Password on my iMac, I thought that was the whole point of the extension?

• Hi @cliveB,

You would navigate to that website (just as you normally would), then activate the Safari extension and select the login item in question.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• cliveB
    cliveB
    Community Member

sorry I'm not sure I understand this. On my iMac I open safari, click the 1Password tab at the top, put in my password and then I am able to choose a login previously setup which allows me to log straight into the web page without having to put in the stored password. I am trying to achieve the same result on my iPad but non of the logins on my iMac 1Password are available on the iPad?

• Hi @cliveB,

Sorry if I'm not explaining clearly. I'll try to rephrase.

On iOS to login to a website you have to be viewing that website first. So, for example, if I want to login to my Google account I'd open Safari and navigate to google.com/ and then click on the "Sign in" link to be taken to their login page. Then I'd activate the 1Password extension and select the Google account that I want to login to.

You can see screenshots of this process here:

Fill items in Safari | 1Password for iOS

Ben

• cliveB
    cliveB
    Community Member

Got it, sorry for being so dumb, too much Xmas pudding .......

• LOL! No worries at all @cliveB. I didn't think you were being dumb. :) Glad to hear you got it figured out.

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.