Starting over with an empty vault on a macversion 1Pw downloaded from AgileBits

Options
anders_barck
anders_barck
Community Member

I bought 1PW 27 November 2015 and today 28th December I have tried to install 1Password 5 vs. 5.4.1 on a second Mac and did as you wrote started from scratch and created a new primary vault with the same password as on my first Mac but somehow the password I created on this second Mac does not work so I tried to start over from scratch with an empty vault according to your instructions.
I cannot find any folder in Library/Applications with the name Password in it and why shall I look for 1 Password 4 document when I have installed 1Password 5?
The application is wonderful and is synced with my iPhone and it's working fine on my first Mac but I cannot find anything about 1Password on that computer either. Have I missed anything?
How shall I start over on the second computer. Where are the things I am supposed to remove to be able to start over?

Yours faithfully
Anders Barck

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: no extensions
OS Version: OS X vs. 10.11.2
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: ug:mac/new-computer-wi-fi, ug:mac/first-run, ug:mac/new-computer-wi-fi, kb-search:starting over, kb:starting-over

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @anders_barck,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Before we go too far, you can back up your existing data by selecting File > Backup from the menu bar. Then follow these steps to start over with a new vault:

1. Download the "Data Reset Utility for 1Password 5".
    2. Double-click the ZIP file to decompress it (if your browser didn't do that for you automatically).
    3. Control-click on the tool and select "Open" from the shortcut menu.

4. Follow the prompts, and 1Password should give you the chance to start with a new vault or sync from your other devices.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help. :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.