1Password Anywhere with .agilekeychain .opvault keychain files

Options
rmrncvnf
rmrncvnf
Community Member

Hi,
Although marginalized, 1Password Anywhere has IMHO always been a pretty important (emergency) feature.

(i) I cannot locate the 1Password.html in a .agilekeychain keychain anymore (1Password 5.x with local folder sync).
(ii) AFAIK 1Password Anywhere is not supporting .opvault keychain files. Given .opvault's design: Is it even conceivable to have something similar to 1Password Anywhere, i.e., an ubiquitous, "installation-less" access to the keychain (e.g., browser), with this file format? If so, are there any plans to do so in the near future?

Thank you very much
Remo

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: local folder
Referrer: kb:agile-keychain-design, kb:opvault-overview

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rmrncvnf,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

We stopped including 1Password.html in the Agile Keychain format a while ago in order phase out 1PasswordAnywhere. It was never supported in the OPVault format, and it isn't really feasible to do so. If using 1PasswordAnywhere is absolutely essential to you, you can download the file separately and put it into place.

Of course, we would heartily recommend you use 1Password for Teams instead which has a far more robust web client (and loads of additional features) including write access instead of just read access like you were getting with 1PasswordAnywhere.

You can sign up to beta test 1Password for Teams right now and see for yourself.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.