I purchased 1password from the Mac App Store but it keeps asking for a licence file.

Options
camavila
camavila
Community Member

I know for a fact that I purchased and downloaded it from the Mac App Store, so I'm not sure what is going on. I have the order #/receipt and everything. Is it possible for me to receive a licence file to use it? I am very disappointed.

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:add-license, kb:lost-license, kb:license-file-faq

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@camavila the Mac App Store version of 1Password will never ask for a licence file as the licence is automatically handled by the Mac App Store. It sounds to me as though, if you definitely bought from the Mac App Store, you also have in your Applications folder a version of 1Password from the AgileBits store.

Please look in your Applications folder to see if you have both 1Password.app and 1Password 5.app and let us know.

Stephen

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@camavila,

I agree with Stephen. You simply installed 1Password from our website. If you purchased 1Password for Mac on the Mac App Store, be sure to install it from the Mac App Store. :)

Note that 1Password for iOS is not the same app as 1Password for Mac. I don't think that necessarily applies here, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

You can follow the steps here to switch to the version of 1Password from the Mac App Store:

Switching to the version of 1Password from the Mac App Store

This discussion has been closed.