Traveling with iPhone & iPad. What can I do if my devices are lost or stolen?

Options
Darylksr
Darylksr
Community Member

I am currently using 1Password version 5.4 on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone. I will be traveling out of country for 2 months . I am concerned as how to access my passwords in the event the devices are stolen. I have read that I can use 1PasswordAnywhere if I store my Agile Keychain in Dropbox. However I am currently using iCloud. Is it necessary that I change my storage? Do you have any alternatives or suggestions?

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS 9.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Darylksr,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. It is good that you are thinking about these things.

If you know your Master Password and your Apple ID password, you can purchase new devices and get up and running in no time. All your data will sync from iCloud (using your Apple ID password), and you can unlock 1Password to access it (using your Master Password).

The thief, almost certainly more interested in wiping the devices and selling them than trying to crack your data, cannot access your 1Password data without your Master Password.

We have tips for creating strong, memorable Master Passwords that can also be used for creating strong, memorable Apple ID passwords:

How do I choose a good Master Password?

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Cheers!

• Darylksr
    Darylksr
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the information and clarification.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Happy to help, @Darylksr! Obviously, we hope nothing bad happens to your devices, but as long as you have backups and are syncing your 1Password data with iCloud, you should be all set to pick up where you left off.

Safe travels!

This discussion has been closed.