Prompting with wrong website but still filling in with right website sometimes

Options
bradical
bradical
Community Member

I'm running into a problem in Chrome that I believe is related to the fact that I have two windows open with different profiles.

Ocassionally, 1Password will prompt with the wrong website to fill in with (e.g. very typically Google) when I'm clearly on another site. I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it but I did recently switch to using two different profiles simultaneously (i.e. work and home) in two different Chrome windows.

It seems like maybe it's prompting me with website information for the active tab in my other window, perhaps?

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.5.1.90
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:wrong website in chrome, kb-search:wrong website

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bradical,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

There is a known issue in the latest stable version of the 1Password Chrome extension, but it is resolved in the latest beta.

If you want to use the beta version you can do so by removing the existing extension from Chrome (from all profiles, as it's an issue with multiple profiles). Then visit:

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

Click the "Enable Betas" button below the install button, then install the extension. That should fix things up for you. :)

The other option is to wait for this to be a stable release. However, I don't have a time frame for when that might happen. You could be waiting a month, or you could be waiting a week. I just don't know. The beta is fairly stable and in most cases the beta versions fix bugs rather than introduce them, so I'd argue the betas are more stable (at the moment) than the stable versions. That won't always be the case, but it is right now.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers!

• bradical
    bradical
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks just installed. I'll try for a bit and see if it fixes.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Keep me posted. :)

• bradical
    bradical
    Community Member
    Options

Seems to be fixed so far. Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is great news. Thanks for taking the time to let me know! :)

Have a great rest of your week and a lovely New Year!

This discussion has been closed.