Can't fill form on iPad or iPhone device,

I have just purchased 1Password from the Mac app store and set up many passwords on my Mac book pro. I downloaded 1Password from the Mac app store on my iPhone 5s and iPad mini4. The iCloud sync went well and all passwords seemed to sync properly and appeared in the vault on my mobile devices.

The problem is when I select the website from the vault on my mobile device I am taken to the correct website, however user ID and password will not populate? Therefore, 1 password is working on my Mac book Pro, but not on any of my mobile devices? Can you please help this is frustrating.

1Password Version: 5.4(540046) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.5.1
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:icloud-requires-mac-app-store, kb-search:1password not auto filling on ipad, kb:why-no-autofill, kb:icloud-faq, kb:icloud-troubleshooting

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @araffa,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Can I ask, are you finding it is certain Login items that aren't filling or all? I know we have trouble on some sites due to IFrames but only in 1Password for iOS, we handle this correctly on the Mac. Usually given the URL for a login page we can easily confirm if this is the case or not.

If it's all Login items can I ask you to have a read of the following pages for me please.

Now it may be you've read these already and it's all clear to you but if we know that then that means we can eliminate a number of possible misunderstandings of how filling works on an iOS device compared to a Mac. The very different operating systems mean there are differences between the two.

So nothing here is a definitive answer but hopefully it will help us narrow down the cause of the filling issue.

• araffa
    araffa
    Community Member

Hello,

Thank you for your note. I have reviewed and read the attached on 1password browser and fill in items in Safari.

I was using 1browser and logging into the Telus.com website. This is the Internet service provider in Canada that I use. The login page comes up and I am able to fill in my credentials now from 1password. The page loads to an error page saying "page expired"?

Also when I use 1password to log into the Apple ID log in page 1password will not load my username and password. This is using 1password browser.

Suggestions?

Sent from my iPad

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @araffa,

So the bad news with the Apple login form is currently we struggle with IFrames in 1Password for iOS. I don't know the technical details, just that this is an issue specific to iOS and that 1Password for Mac and Windows don't suffer from this. We are looking into it and I'll add your comments to help show this is something our suers want to see fixed.

ref: OPX-1084

The Telus one is going to be trickier as I don't have an account with them. As the issue seems to be only observable after the login page is submitted it may be I need to see if somebody on the team happens to be a customer of theirs. While I do so can I ask.

1. Does the Telus Login item work if you use it on your Mac now?
    2. Does the Telus Login item work if you use in in iOS Safari and use our extension to fill?

If the answer to both of those is yes then something is odd with 1Browser. It might be worth seeing if using the Clear Web Data option in Settings > 1Browser makes any difference.

If the Login item works on your Mac but doesn't work in either 1Browser or iOS Safari then we've at least narrowed it down although I'm unsure as to why this would be the case. If the Login item for whatever reason doesn't work anywhere now it might be worth trying to make a new one using our How to manually save a Login guide and see if the issue persists or not.

Please do keep us updated :smile:

• araffa
    araffa
    Community Member

Hello, regarding the Telus website and the "page expired" message received. This happens on iOS as well as with the Mac. If I use safari and the extension fill on a mobile device or Mac the form will fill however I still receive "page expired" after is submit the login?

When there are glitches like this it makes me question the stability and reliability of 1password. These issues concern me and make me hesitant to rely on 1password for all my passwords. I travel for business lots and therefore use mobile devices and need seamless functionality between my Mac and all mobile devices. When I travel I'd don't always carry my Mac and don't have the luxury to use the Mac if the mobile device for 1password fails.

i recently decided to purchase your 1password app because I did not want to write down the hundreds of passwords for logins I have. It is becoming more clear that unless a product is reliable and seamless across Mac and iOS devises is is not very useful and the in some ways can prevent me from accessing important information in need often and quickly.

There is a learning curve to 1Password and I will continue to try with it. I am a long way from committing all my passwords to 1password.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @araffa,

Could you try creating a new Login item for Telus please. I'm guessing you visit something like this URL https://www.telus.com/sso/UI/Login?service=telus&goto=https%3A%2F%2Fmobileidentity.telus.com%3A443%2Fas%2FrGA5t%2Fresume%2Fas%2Fauthorization.ping

If you go to that page on your Mac and create a new Login item using our How to manually save a Login guide do you receive the same response from their server when you try to fill using the new Login item?

Some sites are far easier than others and given there are no rules as to how a login page is built there can be tough ones. We do work at trying to be as compatible as we can with as many sites as possible but it's a cat and mouse affair where we will never claim it is 100% perfect. Saying that the only site I can think of off the top of my head where filling isn't as simple as ⌘\ are my banks or credit card sites where they ask for certain characters. Still, I keep the information in 1Password and it helps me locate the correct characters even if it can't directly handle these kind of logins. I don't know Telus but I would say I'm still confident it's about ironing out the kinks and that it should work.

This discussion has been closed.