Adding my License Number

Gabriello
Gabriello
Community Member

How do I add my license number to my software when my software is looking for a file? I requested a license file but it told me to the the following instructions: "Select 1Password > License… and paste the above information" When I do i see the pop up which is attached.

How do i now add my license? or how do I generate a file to incorporate the license number into a license file?

1Password Version: 5.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:license-file-faq, kb-search:how do i add my password, kb:add-license

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Gabriello 1P3 used a licence number. 1P4 and 1P5 use a licence file. The upgrade from 1P3 to 1P4/1P5 was not free: did you ever buy it? If you did, have you tried having your licence file re-sent to you by going to this page and entering the email address you used when you purchased? If there's still a problem when you do that please let us know (without giving your email address in this public forum) and someone from AgileBits will help you resolve the issue.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Gabriello,

Sorry for any confusion about your license! It looks like you're getting the Trial Expired message in 1Password 5 for Mac. We have information about that here: “Trial Expired” notice (Mac)

I couldn't find any licenses in our system when I searched for the email address from your forum account (it's likely associated with a different email address), so I can't confirm what license(s) you already have. But what Stephen said is correct. If you only have a license for 1Password 3 for Mac and never purchased an upgrade for 1Password 4/5, you would need to do so in order to get a license file to activate the 1Password 5 app. You can enter your version 3 license code on this site to see your upgrade discount & options.

Or if you originally purchased 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store, you'll need to reinstall the Mac App Store version of 1Password (the "Trial Expired" message only appears for the AgileBits Store version). Just launch the Mac App Store, make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to make the purchase, and reinstall 1Password from the Purchased section.

Hopefully this helps, but if you have more questions about that, please email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com in case we need any information (like an email address, receipt, etc) that shouldn't be posted on these public forums. Please also include a link to this forum discussion and your forum username so we can "connect the dots". Thanks! :)

• Gabriello
    Gabriello
    Community Member

Yeah! It worked. I did purchase an older version and now that I upgraded, the link worked. Thank you

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear you've upgraded and added your new license file to 1Password. If you need anything else, just let us know. Happy New Year! :)

This discussion has been closed.