1Password processes

pajapatak
pajapatak
Community Member
edited December 2015 in Mac

Hi,

Please can you help me to demystify os x process (/usr/libexec/lsd) that constantly running on my mac and I don't know what is it for. I tried to google for it but could not find any answer to match my case. Some people reporting it comes from Little Snich app but I never had it on my computer installed. I also run spindump process and I made sample of the same. SO when I spindump this process I found that few times inside the code lines 1password and agelbits is mentions so I guessed this process coming form 1password app, can you actually confirm this? Here is copy paste of both spindump and sample process from activity monitor on my mac.

I am not sure if this is somehow related cos I found 1pass inside the code. I am not programer or something like it so I can't judge. Please help! :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dysd6y02x5bvq1d/AADiju4n2ogvYTYhXSkm2bgPa?dl=0

Thanks,

Ken,

1Password Version: 5.4.2
Extension Version: 4.5.1
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015

Hi @pajapatak,

lsd in OS X is the LaunchServiceDaemon which is built in to OS X. It is part of Apple's operating system. According to Apple it provides:

support for launching apps and matching document types to apps. As a result, the keys recognized by Launch Services allow you to specify the desired execution environment for your bundled code.

Everything you describe is completely normal. It is working as expected. :)

Please do let us know if you run into any trouble, though. We are always here to help.

Cheers!

• pajapatak
    pajapatak
    Community Member

Thank you so much for you answer. I thought it might be some kind of malware and I was worried :D

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015

Hi @pajapatak,

Good looking out! Better safe than sorry, right? :) Glad to see that khad was able to ease your mind about this.

We're here for you if you need anything else. Otherwise, have yourself a great weekend and a happy New Year!

This discussion has been closed.