Spare vaults names on iOS "default 2"

Options
PLMan
PLMan
Community Member
edited October 2015 in iOS

I have shared Dropbox folder with Primary OPVault. Then I have added this vault on iOS device using "sync additional vault". This vault appeared as "default 2" - there is no way to change the name of vault on iOS.

On Mac os adding such vault raises new vault dialog box where friendly name for vault can be assigned.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• gsbaraglia
    gsbaraglia
    Community Member
    Options

The same for me: I exported my Vault in format "OPVault" (it's very easy, following the instructions in Forum!). Now I have two sync vaults and the new vault appears in iOS as "default 2". I'd like to rename it, but I can't. Can I do it in Windows? Will the name automatically change when I'll delete the older vault "Principale" (agilekeychain) ?
    Giorgio

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

Just to make sure we're all on the same page: you have an existing vault in 1Password (Primary) which you've converted from Agile Keychain to OPVault, and now you have both the Agile Keychain and OPVault in 1Password for iOS?

If that is the case you can simply delete the Agile Keychain from Dropbox (backup first), uninstall 1Password for iOS, and when reinstalling sync only with the OPVault.

Thanks.

Ben

• gsbaraglia
    gsbaraglia
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben,
    I love 1P, because it's a wonderful App, both per iPhone and for PC. Furthermore because your Support Forum is super: I appreciated your answer that has centered the matter. Now I have two vaults, but I think it's better to use only the OPVault. So definitely I will follow your advice!
    Thanks again.
    Giorgio (from Italy)

• Ben
    Options

Great, thanks for the update and the kind words, Giorgio ( @gsbaraglia )!

Ben

• gsbaraglia
    gsbaraglia
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I've just done what you suggested. Everything worked perfectly! And the Pro Features on iOS were restored immediately.
    And with OPVault the sync is faster.
    Thanks again.
    Giorgio

• Ben
    Options

Perfect. Thanks for letting us know that resolved the issue for you. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• liquidxryu
    liquidxryu
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I am having this same issue and I don't believe the question has been fully answered. First off, I have multiple vaults that I just migrated to .opvault. I am using Dropbox to sync my files. Everything works fine on my windows PC and everything USED to work fine on my iOS devices when the vaults were in the .agilekeychain format.

Old vault names:
    example1.agilekeychain
    example2.agilekeychain
    example3.agilekeychain

New vault names:
    example1.opvault
    example2.opvault
    example3.opvault
    example3.1password.opvault (created a new vault with this naming scheme for testing purposes)

The Problem: When using the iOS app, the first vault shows as "Primary", which is fine. However, when I add a 2nd or 3rd vault, it names it as default 2 and default 3. Prior to using the newer .opvault format, the name of the vault would appear in iOS properly like "example2" and "example3". I can access the vaults just fine in the iOS app. They just aren't named properly and it makes it hard to distinguish apart the multiple vaults that I use. I believe the problem is with the iOS app. I hope that the issue can be resolved with a quick update? Please let me know if anyone else has any suggestions. Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @liquidxryu,

Thanks for writing in with these additional details. The problem with the vault names in this case appears to originate with 1Password for Windows. I've filed a bug for our Windows development team to investigate further. Unfortunately unless you have 1Password for Mac I do not have a workaround to offer at this time.

Ben

ref: OPW-516

• liquidxryu
    liquidxryu
    Community Member
    Options

In fact, I do have 1password for MAC (not App Store version). I can try your workaround to try and resolve my issue. Thanks in advanced.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @liquidxryu. The workaround is to create the OPVault files on Mac instead of Windows:

https://support.1password.com/switch-to-opvault/mac.html

Thanks!

Ben

• omorillon
    omorillon
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password on my iOS devices and I'm still getting one out of three vaults with the name "default 2".

How can I solve this?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @omorillon,

Can I ask, do you run 1Password for Windows or 1Password for Mac? I'm just wondering if Ben's post, the one right before yours is applicable or not.

• omorillon
    omorillon
    Community Member
    Options

I'm u sing a Mac.

• Ben
    Options

I'm sorry to keep hammering on the point, but just to clarify: the vault that is showing up as "default-2" was definitely created on a Mac, and not on Windows? Windows isn't in the mix at all?

That would be incredibly strange, as there is definitely a bug in the Windows version in that it sets the vault name for every vault created to "default," so when those vaults are added on iOS they appear as "default-2," "default-3," etc. 1Password for Mac does not have this bug, and until now I've not heard any reports of this issue when using only Mac and iOS.

Please let me know.

Ben

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Any way to fix name?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @PLMan,

Please see this post.

Thanks.

Ben

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

My vaults were created on Mac...
    On Mac there is possibility to edit vault name. On iOS there is no such option.

• Ben
    Options

@PLMan,

The vault's name cannot be changed once created, but you can create a new vault on the Mac (naming it as you desire), then move all of the contents from the current vault to the new vault, and delete the current vault.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.