Category folders not displaying correctly (Windows 10)

Have been using 1Password on Windows, and the 1Password Pro app for iPad for many months without problem.

But in the last week, the Windows version no longer displays all folders (eg "Email accounts" folder). I have 21 folders in total, but only 14 are visible. If I select the "All Items", the underlying entries are still in the database (thank goodness), On my iPad, all 21 folders display.

If I "add" a new folder (using the Windows version) with the same name as those that are hidden, that will create an empty folder (ie not restore the missing folder), but then 2 folders with the same name display on the iPad app, one with entries and one without.

I recently installed the Pro app on my spouse's iPad, and linked to the database, but it only displays the same folder list as the PC, not the full folder list as displayed by my own iPad.

I have today updated to version 4.6.0.598 and that makes no difference to resolving this issue.

Mmmm... ideas?

Phil

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @PhilG,

Are we talking about folders you've manually created or the default categories 1Password has like Email Accounts category and not a folder you created that's called Email Accounts?

Open the main 1Password program, unlock and go to the View Menu to deselect Wallet and Accounts groupings, does that restore the categories to your sidebar as you expect to see?

• PhilG
    PhilG
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,

Am referring to those which are added manually - other folders that I created have names like "Computer", "Entertainment", "Shopping", "Travel"....

I toggled Wallet and Accounts on/off but that does not make any difference to the manual folders which are displayed or missing.

Thanks,
    Phil

• MikeT
    edited December 2015

Hi @PhilG,

Ok, try repairing the vault and see if that'll fix it. Open the main 1Password program and go to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Vault. You may need to restart the program to see if it works.

• PhilG
    PhilG
    Community Member

No luck I am afraid (and I did a PC reboot before restarting 1Password).

I also decided to try a backup password file of 3 months ago, and that does not display all folders either, even though this display problem only started during the last week (I know, that doesn't make sense, right?), And remember the folders display correctly on my iPad app, but not on my Win10 PC (and not on my wife's newly installed iPad app),

• Hi @PhilG,

That is strange. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report to email to us. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@PhilG: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: AQR-23517-216

This discussion has been closed.