1Password asks me to save password that already exists

2»

Comments

• ChrisJenkins
    ChrisJenkins
    Community Member

@Stephen_C I don't believe my issue is the same one as that discussed in this thread. Firstly, it only happens with the very latest beta release - I did not see its at all in the previous beta version. Secondly, it only seems to happen when I unlock my Mac either after it has woken from (system) sleep or when I unlock the screen after (display) sleep. At the time the dialog prompt appears there is no open/active browser and so no concept of any URL or any password to be saved. It is almost like it is somehow trying to 'remember' my Mac unlock password, but i think that highly unlikely. More likely there is some bug causing the dialogue to trigger on system/display wake. This needs to be investigated please.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @t1g3r, @ChrisJenkins, @TomWolsky & @mbk28

I believe you should all find many if not all of these issues are resolved in BETA-39. After you've updated please do let us know if you're still experiencing any issues related to the 1Password Save Login and if you are can you describe it please just to make sure we're looking at the right bug.

• t1g3r
    t1g3r
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

@littlebobbytables
    No issue on latest build. I updated last night and have not seen issue since.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Excellent news @t1g3r :smile: Hopefully with your reports the developers have ironed out the kinks :smile:

• ChrisJenkins
    ChrisJenkins
    Community Member

Same for me. The latest build seems to have resolved the issue I was experiencing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.