I want to use 1password for another user on my mac. I can't find the folder where .opvault is.

Options
Robgr
Robgr
Community Member

The instructions to use one password for a second administrative user on my mac say to locate the folder where .opvault or .agilekeychain is on this mac. I would think it is in the user files where one password is already in use, but I can't find it anywhere. Can you tell me where I can locate it?

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/new-computer, ug:mac/sync-icloud, ug:mac/new-computer-elsewhere, kb-search:where are .opvault and .agilekeychain stored?, kb-search:where are .opvault and .agilekeychain stored on my mac?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Robgr,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

In order to use a single 1Password vault in two different OS X user accounts, you will want to set up Dropbox (or possibly iCloud) syncing for that vault. It is the same whether the OS X user accounts are on the same Mac or two different Macs.

1. Do you just have one vault (your Primary vault) that you will be sharing?
    2. Will it be with another person? Or are you the user of the other OS X user account as well?
  • Robgr
    Robgr
    Community Member
    Options
    1. I will be sharing my Primary vault
    2. I am the user of the other OS X user account.

How do I set up syncing on iCloud?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Robgr,

Thanks for the information! If you will be using Dropbox sync and are signed into the same Dropbox account from both OS X user accounts, you can simply set up Dropbox sync for the Primary vault in 1Password on one OS X user account, then switch to the other OS X user and set up Dropbox sync with the same sync file (Agile Keychain or OPVault) you just created.

If you're signed into a different Dropbox account from each OS X user, you'll need to set up sharing for your vault. We explain how to do that in this knowledgebase article.

If you would instead like to sync your Primary vault between both users via iCloud sync, you'll need to be using the Mac App Store version of 1Password 5 for Mac, and you'll need to be signed into the same Apple ID / iCloud account for both OS X users. Then you can set up iCloud sync by following the steps here: Sync with iCloud

Does that help? Please let us know if you have any questions about that. Happy New Year! :)

• Robgr
    Robgr
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help. I'm all set now, with iCloud sync, for all computers and users.
    Happy New Year to you too!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

and a Happy New Year to you as well @Robgr It's great to hear things are working for you now :smile:

This discussion has been closed.